What is Menopause?
Menopause is the term given to stage in a women's life when the reduction in female hormone production by the ovaries cause her ovaries to stop releasing eggs, her uterus to stop the creation of uterine lining and the cessation of periods. Menopause is the sign of the end of the fertile period of a women's life.
Menopause is neither a disease or illness but an unavoidable change that every woman will experience. The onset of menopause usually occurs in a women's late 40's or early 50's but in some circumstances can occur in younger women due to illness or disorder of the reproductive system.
Menopause does not usually occur suddenly but tends to take effect over several years. For some women menopause will not cause any issues but for some women, their lives can be affected by the symptoms of menopause. These symptoms can include:
- Hot and cold flushes
- Headaches and migraines
- Thinning of the membranes of the vulva, the vagina and the uterus
- Vaginal dryness, itching, bleeding or discharge
- Changes in urinary frequency or incontinence
- Increased susceptibility of inflammation or bacterial infections
- Muscle and skeletal pain as well as increased risk of osteoporosis
- Breast tenderness and possibly swelling or shrinkage
- Skin irritation and dryness
- Depression, anxiety, fatigue, mood swings, irritability
- Pain or difficulties during sexual intercourse
- Low libido
These are just some of the possible signs and symptoms of menopause, this doesn't mean you will experience them all, you may not have any problems but for most women these will only be temporary issues.
HerSolution libido supplements are a natural herbal remedy containing aphrodisiacs, vitamins and minerals which can help restore hormonal balances, increase energy levels and reduce the symptoms of menopause.